Linda Ponta is an assistant professor of Management Engineering at the University of Genoa, Italy, since December 2014. She received the M.S. degree in electronics engineering (summa cum laude) and the Ph.D. degree in electronics and computer engineering from the University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy, in 2004 and 2008, respectively. She joined the CINEF Group, Center for Polymer Studies (supervised by Professor H. E. Stanley), Boston University and the Politecnico di Torino, starting work in financial markets. Dr. Ponta won the “Bruno de Finetti 2006” prize awarded by Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei. Her primary research interests are economics and financial engineering, nonlinear systems, networks and econophysics.
- "Modeling and forecasting of electricity spot-prices: Computational intelligence vs classical econometrics", S. Cincotti, G. Gallo, L. Ponta and M. Raberto AI COMMUNICATIONS, 27, 301-314 (2014). DOI: 10.3233/AIC-140599
- “Statistical analysis and agent-based microstructure modeling of high frequency financial trading” L. Ponta, E. Scalas, M. Raberto, and S. CincottiIEEE Journal of Selected Topics In Signal Processing, 6, 381 (2012). DOI:10.1109/JSTSP.2011.2174192
- “Information-based multi-assets artificial stock market with heterogeneous agents” L. Ponta, S. Pastore and S. Cincotti Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 12, 1235-1242 (2011). DOI:10.1016/j.nonrwa.2010.09.018
- “Heterogeneous information-based artificial stock market ” S. Pastore, L. Ponta and S. Cincotti New Journal of Physics 12, 053035 (2010). DOI: 10.1088/1367-2630/12/5/053035
- “The Size Variance Relationship of Business Firm Growth Rates,” M. Riccaboni, F. Pammolli, S. V. Buldyrev, L. Ponta, and H. E. Stanley Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105, 19595-19600 (2008). DOI:10.1073/pnas.0810478105
Linda.Ponta@unige.itTel: (+39) 0103532029Via Opera Pia 11 (ex-CNR), II piano, 16145 Genova.